A Long and Meandering Meditation on Free Speech, Reputation, and Whose Problem ‘Revenge Porn’ Really Is
by Eileen | 10:52 pm, February 9, 2013
A few days ago, I commented on the phenomenon of ‘revenge porn’ websites and the attendant problem of what victims can do legally without creating a dangerous precedent. No legal or policy ‘fix’ is ever a perfect solution. In truth, there are no policy solutions, only trade-offs. What is to be done about a revenge [...]
by Eileen | 4:41 pm, February 6, 2013
In life, there are few absolutes. ‘Never pose for a nude photo unless you’re alright with the every soul on the planet possessing a copy’ is, however, just such an absolute. Morally, it’s repugnant that anyone would steal or misuse such an image of another person. Morally, any adult has the right to engage in [...]
- PPC Training for Activists
UPDATE: Something apparently got messed up with the PayPal buttons during this past weekend’s database glitch – fixed now. Yes, it’s that time again — PPC will be conducting training classes for center-right activists on Saturday, April 20 and Saturday, April 27, at Independence Institute in Denver. The tentative class schedule is as follows: Saturday, [...]
- Holder’s First Letter to Paul Precipitates the Best Filibuster Ever
- The Lamest Twitter Argument Ever Offered?
- Return of the PPC Re-Education Camps – You Know You Want to Be There
- Supreme Courts Blesses Warrantless Surveillance of Citizens in a Kafkaesque Farce
- GOP Elite and the Ruling Class
- Do We Now Get to Call Joe Salazar a “Rapist”?