by T.L. James | 5:27 pm, October 26, 2012 | Comments Off
No, not like that, I mean he parodies her performance in the Obama campaign’s utterly nauseating “first time” video:
The comments at YouTube are comedy gold – several commenters criticize Crowder for being sexist by parodying an official Obama campaign video that equates young women’s voting decisions to losing their virginity to Barack Obama and urges them to see him as a boyfriend and provider who will take care of them and fill every need they’re too ditzy and irresponsible to handle on their own.
I’ve commented before that Democrats as an organization have a habit of finding some real or imagined shortcoming in Republicans or conservatives, turning it into a crusade for the duration of a campaign, and then expressing that same shortcoming in spades after the fact. For example:
- 2000: Bush Stole the Election by Gaming the Florida Vote! – in 2008/9, Democrats prolong the Senate race in Minnesota through the formerly unconscionable means of recounts, lawsuits, and late-discovered ballots until Al Franken has just enough votes (312!) to steal the election from the incumbent Norm Coleman, Democrat operatives launch the “Secretary of State Project” to take over SoS posts nationwide as a means to ensure Democrat-friendly voting processes and counting procedures (ie: corrupt the vote from within), and Democrats stridently oppose efforts to curb vote fraud while encouraging (if not outright facilitating) voting by ineligible voters and voting multiple times in multiple districts.
- 2002 – Present: Bush is a war-loving war-monger launching undeclared wars! – Bush obtained approval from Congress for his military actions, while Obama blundered into Libya without Congressional authorization, has ramped up the use of drone strikes in foreign countries, and has continued the use of Gitmo, the Patriot Act, and other military/intelligence operations and practices formerly decried as borderline fascist but which now elicit barely a disgruntled grunt from his fellow partisans…those who aren’t praising his actions as proof of how tough and more effective than Bush he is.
- 2004: The Worst Economy Ever! - 2007, the Democrats take control of Congress and the economy immediately tanks. 2012, Obama’s economy is far worse, and he’s done nothing since his inauguration in 2009 to address the underlying causes (indeed, everything he’s done seems to have made things worse or, FDR-like, needlessly prolonged the suffering).
- 2006: The Culture of Corruption! - Congressional Democrats milk the Abramoff scandal, the Plame circus, etc. in order to elect at the mid-terms a Democrat-controlled House and Senate, and then promptly sound new depths of corruption themselves while routinely exonerating (or turning a blind eye) to blatant corruption by their own team (Maxine Waters, Charlie Rangel, Barney Frank, Christopher Dodd, Claire McCaskill, Nancy Pelosi, Harry Reid, etc. etc. etc.).
This year, of course, we have the idiotic “War on Women” theme being pushed by Democrats as the defining issue of the election (but which is in reality just a means to fear-monger women into voting for Obama by bogus threats that if elected, [insert GOP candidate name] will personally show up at their homes to take away their birth control and tampons). Given the track record of Democrats crusading against the GOP on some issue and subsequently doing that very thing but much worse than what they claimed the GOP did, if I were a woman, I’d be a little concerned about what horrible things Democrats have in store for me in the next few years.
ADDED: Note that I don’t consider the original Obama campaign ad “nauseating” because of its puerile sexual innuendo, but because it A) makes an appeal to women voters via blatant use of exactly the presumption of frivolousness and feelings-driven decision-making that Democrats (particularly feminists) decry as sexism whenever they encounter anyone else using it, and B) is a recitation of the entitlements that Democrats furiously deny create dependency on government, bloat budgets at all levels of government, and constitute the very intrusion of government into personal decisions they claim to be protecting women from — all presented with a syrupy smarminess which would be by itself enough to provoke disgust, whatever the topic.
MORE: Another parody, via Instapundit:
You’d think after the “Life of Julia” fiasco, they’d have learned to be a little more aware of how this entitlements pandering comes across.
Praise for PPC From Our Lefty "Fan"
- "Zany-ass bombast-entertainment...Hackneyed weirdo communist pseudo-nostalgia" --Alan Franklin, ProgressNow
- PPC Training for Activists
UPDATE: Something apparently got messed up with the PayPal buttons during this past weekend’s database glitch – fixed now. Yes, it’s that time again — PPC will be conducting training classes for center-right activists on Saturday, April 20 and Saturday, April 27, at Independence Institute in Denver. The tentative class schedule is as follows: Saturday, [...]
- Holder’s First Letter to Paul Precipitates the Best Filibuster Ever
- The Lamest Twitter Argument Ever Offered?
- Return of the PPC Re-Education Camps – You Know You Want to Be There
- Supreme Courts Blesses Warrantless Surveillance of Citizens in a Kafkaesque Farce
- GOP Elite and the Ruling Class
- Do We Now Get to Call Joe Salazar a “Rapist”?