by T.L. James | 8:26 am, October 7, 2012 | Comments Off
Glenn Reynolds posts an update to the (in)famous chart comparing Bush and Obama deficit spending, including the numbers for the just-concluded FY2012.
As he notes, the Obama/Democrat canard that the huge deficits under this President are due all or in large part to “paying for two wars on the credit card” is obviously baloney, given the dramatic jump to the $1T range and its maintenance there even while the war in Iraq was being wound down. Indeed, even with the wind-down of Iraq operations, Obama’s deficits have continued to grow, which should not have happened if the borrowing to fight two-now-one wars was the main driver. That should suggest to any reasonable observer that whatever portion those wars have contributed to the deficit they have not in fact been the primary causes of the recent deficit explosion, and that there are other areas of federal spending whose effects dominate the deficit and swamp out the wars’ contributions.
But yes, I know – this is still all Bush’s fault, just in some other way. I just don’t know how anyone can look at these numbers and think that Obama has done anything to fix the problems he claims to have inherited, and that his actions haven’t in fact made things worse.
Surely President Not-Me deserves another four-year chance to fix things. Who knows…at this rate, maybe by 2016 he’ll have the deficit down to only $1.5T…
Praise for PPC From Our Lefty "Fan"
- "Zany-ass bombast-entertainment...Hackneyed weirdo communist pseudo-nostalgia" --Alan Franklin, ProgressNow
- PPC Training for Activists
UPDATE: Something apparently got messed up with the PayPal buttons during this past weekend’s database glitch – fixed now. Yes, it’s that time again — PPC will be conducting training classes for center-right activists on Saturday, April 20 and Saturday, April 27, at Independence Institute in Denver. The tentative class schedule is as follows: Saturday, [...]
- Holder’s First Letter to Paul Precipitates the Best Filibuster Ever
- The Lamest Twitter Argument Ever Offered?
- Return of the PPC Re-Education Camps – You Know You Want to Be There
- Supreme Courts Blesses Warrantless Surveillance of Citizens in a Kafkaesque Farce
- GOP Elite and the Ruling Class
- Do We Now Get to Call Joe Salazar a “Rapist”?