by T.L. James | 8:01 am, September 29, 2012 | Comments Off
I’d question whether they were ever needed, but it seems a windfall at the state level may give Jefferson County Schools more money than what they’re asking for via 3A - Funding Windfall for Jefferson County Schools?
Based on the formula from the School Finance Act, Jefferson County Schools should expect to receive up to an additional $62 million in operational funding, almost $23 million more than the 3A ballot initiative of $39 million. Jefferson County R-1 School District normally receives 9.25% of state education funding and we expect this allocation to continue. This will allow JeffCo Schools to fund vital student programs like music, librarians, Outdoor Lab and other classroom programs for our kids with money left over.
Since Jefferson County School Superintendent Cindy Stevenson has said the 3B bond is needed for maintenance “catch-up,” this will leave extra funds available to pay for repairs and maintenance [that] should be included in an operational budget, not using capital funds.
Of course, one would have to be touchingly naive to believe that any such windfall money would actually be used to address the funding needs Jeffco Schools claim to have and on which initiatives 3A and 3B are premised.
Praise for PPC From Our Lefty "Fan"
- "Zany-ass bombast-entertainment...Hackneyed weirdo communist pseudo-nostalgia" --Alan Franklin, ProgressNow
- PPC Training for Activists
UPDATE: Something apparently got messed up with the PayPal buttons during this past weekend’s database glitch – fixed now. Yes, it’s that time again — PPC will be conducting training classes for center-right activists on Saturday, April 20 and Saturday, April 27, at Independence Institute in Denver. The tentative class schedule is as follows: Saturday, [...]
- Holder’s First Letter to Paul Precipitates the Best Filibuster Ever
- The Lamest Twitter Argument Ever Offered?
- Return of the PPC Re-Education Camps – You Know You Want to Be There
- Supreme Courts Blesses Warrantless Surveillance of Citizens in a Kafkaesque Farce
- GOP Elite and the Ruling Class
- Do We Now Get to Call Joe Salazar a “Rapist”?