by Rossputin | 6:49 am, November 8, 2011 | Comments Off
Bob Bowden, the director of the education documentary, The Cartel, is bringing attention to a major school choice battle right here in Colorado – in Douglas County, to be precise.
His organization, Choice Media, has put out a short and informative video on the situation which parents across the state and nation should be paying attention to as teachers’ unions show yet again that they care nothing for educational quality and student achievement and everything for lining their own coffers.
You can watch the video and learn a little more about the story here:
My friend Ben DeGrow, of the Independence Institute, has also put together a video of some family testimonials which can (and should) be seen here:
I reached out to John Carson, president of the Douglas County School Board for comment, and here’s what he said:
Ross, all three of the candidates supporting the Choice Scholarship Program (CSP) won election last week. Their opponents all ran in strong opposition to the program and were rejected by the voters. This was a clear mandate to continue to expand school choice in Douglas County. Our Board remains 7-0 in support of the program. We are currently continuing with the appeal process in the CSP court decision and expect the Colorado Court of Appeals to hear the case this winter.
Praise for PPC From Our Lefty "Fan"
- "Zany-ass bombast-entertainment...Hackneyed weirdo communist pseudo-nostalgia" --Alan Franklin, ProgressNow
- PPC Training for Activists
UPDATE: Something apparently got messed up with the PayPal buttons during this past weekend’s database glitch – fixed now. Yes, it’s that time again — PPC will be conducting training classes for center-right activists on Saturday, April 20 and Saturday, April 27, at Independence Institute in Denver. The tentative class schedule is as follows: Saturday, [...]
- Holder’s First Letter to Paul Precipitates the Best Filibuster Ever
- The Lamest Twitter Argument Ever Offered?
- Return of the PPC Re-Education Camps – You Know You Want to Be There
- Supreme Courts Blesses Warrantless Surveillance of Citizens in a Kafkaesque Farce
- GOP Elite and the Ruling Class
- Do We Now Get to Call Joe Salazar a “Rapist”?