by Prospector | 2:06 pm, August 26, 2011 | Comments Off
The National Labor Relations Board has proposed new rules to hasten the time required between petitioning for a union vote and the vote being taken. If this new rule is passed, a “quickie election” could be called in as few as 10 days.
Requiring such a short announcement period prior to a unionization vote does not seem inherently fair. More importantly, it will not likely allow enough time for both sides to adequately communicate with workers, or give workers adequate time to consider the pluses and minuses of their action on their jobs or their employer.
Not surprisingly, members of the Service Employees International Union (SEIU) and the American Federation of Labor-Congress of Industrial Organizations (AFL-CIO) have voiced their encouragement for this new “rule.” This proposed action by NRLB appears to be a “cram down” by this administration, that will only end up hurting business in America by reducing competition and jobs in our economy. This new rule is not the message to send businesses that are considering expanding and hiring more workers. In our fragile economy, jobs we desperately need will not be forthcoming while increasing the burdens on businesses by adding more regulations.
I encourage you to comment now on the NRLB’s proposed action; details to do so as well as more information on the proposed rule are given at Americans For Prosperity. Do it now. We have until September 6th to make our voices heard.
Praise for PPC From Our Lefty "Fan"
- "Zany-ass bombast-entertainment...Hackneyed weirdo communist pseudo-nostalgia" --Alan Franklin, ProgressNow
- PPC Training for Activists
UPDATE: Something apparently got messed up with the PayPal buttons during this past weekend’s database glitch – fixed now. Yes, it’s that time again — PPC will be conducting training classes for center-right activists on Saturday, April 20 and Saturday, April 27, at Independence Institute in Denver. The tentative class schedule is as follows: Saturday, [...]
- Holder’s First Letter to Paul Precipitates the Best Filibuster Ever
- The Lamest Twitter Argument Ever Offered?
- Return of the PPC Re-Education Camps – You Know You Want to Be There
- Supreme Courts Blesses Warrantless Surveillance of Citizens in a Kafkaesque Farce
- GOP Elite and the Ruling Class
- Do We Now Get to Call Joe Salazar a “Rapist”?