by PerlStalker | 10:00 pm, July 7, 2011 | Comments Off
It amuses me that Senator Michael Bennet is frustrated by the budget "crisis" in Washington, DC given that he and his Senate colleagues haven't passed a budget in nearly 800 days.
He also chided the House members, saying, “When I was in local government, it would have been unthinkable for any mayor or superintendent to go to the public and say we can’t agree and we’re going to shut down the government.”
When he was in local government in Colorado, the state Constitution requires that every government in the state must balance their budget every year. If only Congress had the same requirement.
Praise for PPC From Our Lefty "Fan"
- "Zany-ass bombast-entertainment...Hackneyed weirdo communist pseudo-nostalgia" --Alan Franklin, ProgressNow
- PPC Training for Activists
UPDATE: Something apparently got messed up with the PayPal buttons during this past weekend’s database glitch – fixed now. Yes, it’s that time again — PPC will be conducting training classes for center-right activists on Saturday, April 20 and Saturday, April 27, at Independence Institute in Denver. The tentative class schedule is as follows: Saturday, [...]
- Holder’s First Letter to Paul Precipitates the Best Filibuster Ever
- The Lamest Twitter Argument Ever Offered?
- Return of the PPC Re-Education Camps – You Know You Want to Be There
- Supreme Courts Blesses Warrantless Surveillance of Citizens in a Kafkaesque Farce
- GOP Elite and the Ruling Class
- Do We Now Get to Call Joe Salazar a “Rapist”?