Hmm…that doesn’t look very environmentally-friendly, Mayor Hickenlooper.
To be fair to John Hickenlooper and his campaign, I did do a little looking around this afternoon to see if my suspicions were justified. One might expect a Democrat candidate for governor to tout his environmental cred on his website so as to curry favor with an important demo, so that’s the first place I looked. But while the Giddy Up ‘n Vote bus tour is prominently featured on Mayor Hickenlooper’s campaign website, there was no readily-discoverable mention of whether the bus was powered by biodiesel, fryer grease, ethanol, hydrogen, electricity, wind turbines, renewable kitten purrs, recycled pixie dust, organic unicorn smiles, or any other dreamy form of Earth-cuddling alternative energy.
Maybe they quietly purchased carbon-offset indulgences. If not, perhaps Interior Minister Ken Salazar could help arrange something…
Lucky for the Mayor Hickenlooper, the crowd (all 150 of them) weren’t worked up about the apparent lapse in environmental correctness in his Giddy Up ‘n Vote bus tour.
Indeed, they didn’t seem to be worked up at all, halfheartedly cheering and waving their placards on cue for the cameras, then dutifully lining up to return the placards when their job as human props was finished.
Praise for PPC From Our Lefty "Fan"
- "Zany-ass bombast-entertainment...Hackneyed weirdo communist pseudo-nostalgia" --Alan Franklin, ProgressNow
- PPC Training for Activists
UPDATE: Something apparently got messed up with the PayPal buttons during this past weekend’s database glitch – fixed now. Yes, it’s that time again — PPC will be conducting training classes for center-right activists on Saturday, April 20 and Saturday, April 27, at Independence Institute in Denver. The tentative class schedule is as follows: Saturday, [...]
- Holder’s First Letter to Paul Precipitates the Best Filibuster Ever
- The Lamest Twitter Argument Ever Offered?
- Return of the PPC Re-Education Camps – You Know You Want to Be There
- Supreme Courts Blesses Warrantless Surveillance of Citizens in a Kafkaesque Farce
- GOP Elite and the Ruling Class
- Do We Now Get to Call Joe Salazar a “Rapist”?