by Donald E. L. Johnson | 3:38 pm, July 1, 2010 | Comments OffCelebrity politicians can help candidates raise money for their campaigns, but their endorsements aren't worth much. Yet, candidates seek endorsements as if they can get them elected. This may happen in close contests, but when candidates are trailing by big margins, endorsements are worthless. Thus, one has to wonder why Ken Buck is bringing Sen. Jim DeMint (R-SC) to Colorado, unless it's for a fundraising event. Colorado is a Blue state that has the potential to turn Red if the GOP's senate candidate makes a solid play for the votes of unaffiliated voters. Will DeMint attract the independents Buck will need in November, or will he turn them off? Could the Democrats use the DeMint endorsement against Buck? And why is Jane Norton publicly holding out hope that Sarah Palin will endorse her? With Norton trailing Buck by 10 to 16 points in credible polls and few signs that Norton is catching up, why would Palin waste her political capital on an endorsement of a candidate who looks like she's losing? Has Palin endorsed this late in any campaigns? The GOP primary is Aug. 10. Has Palin endorsed a losing candidate this late in the campaign without solid evidence that the candidate has a chance to win? Was Sharon Angle, the GOP's candidate for the U.S. Senate such endorsee? I don't think so. So, it seems unlikely that Palin will endorse Norton at this late stage of the Colorado GOP's Senate primary campaign.
Praise for PPC From Our Lefty "Fan"
- "Zany-ass bombast-entertainment...Hackneyed weirdo communist pseudo-nostalgia" --Alan Franklin, ProgressNow
- PPC Training for Activists
UPDATE: Something apparently got messed up with the PayPal buttons during this past weekend’s database glitch – fixed now. Yes, it’s that time again — PPC will be conducting training classes for center-right activists on Saturday, April 20 and Saturday, April 27, at Independence Institute in Denver. The tentative class schedule is as follows: Saturday, [...]
- Holder’s First Letter to Paul Precipitates the Best Filibuster Ever
- The Lamest Twitter Argument Ever Offered?
- Return of the PPC Re-Education Camps – You Know You Want to Be There
- Supreme Courts Blesses Warrantless Surveillance of Citizens in a Kafkaesque Farce
- GOP Elite and the Ruling Class
- Do We Now Get to Call Joe Salazar a “Rapist”?