by wesley | 6:36 am, May 21, 2010 | Comments Off
Need a good laugh this Friday morning? Larry Correia, one of my favorite fiction writers and author of sci-fi and gun culture thriller Monster Hunter International, tears apart an Iron Man 2 movie review from liberal, self-loathing, self-righteous, proud-to-be-a-victim, naive, feminist Natalie Wilson. She explains how the movie’s gender lessons belittle women and encourage irresponsible womanizing while being racist and homophobic. Here are a couple excerpts, though I recommend heading over to Larry’s blog and reading the whole fisking (original Wilson review in italics and Larry’s comments in bold):
A number of other significant gender lessons are imparted in the film.
First, on men and masculinity:
1. Men don’t cry, they scream, as Ivan (played by Mickey Rourke) does when his dad dies. Not only am I a wise Latino, I am also a writer. Trust me lady, nobody wants a weepy pansy villain. Plus, Ivan was a RUSSIAN. Badass Russians only have three emotions: Revenge, depression, and vodka.
2. Men like power tools, technology, welding and weapons. Talking, not so much. Duh. Ironically, my wife also prefers tools, tech, and weapons. Which is one reason I love her so much. And men do talk. We talk a lot. Just not about the stupid crap that people like you enjoy. Go watch Sex in the City 2 for that boring *ss sh*t. Iron Man 2 was too talky. Hell, there were only two action sequences in the whole damn movie.
This article was just an example of why the “feminist” movement died a pathetic death as a shell of its once important self. True feminists are women who are proud of who they are, and who take responsibility for themselves. My wife is an example of a woman who truly takes no crap. However, since she’s a conservative, she is evil incarnate to the imbeciles at Ms Magazine. The feminist movement as it stands today is just another democrat shill organization that exists primarily to whine, feel picked on, and look for excuses to cry racism.
Amen, brother. Amen.
Praise for PPC From Our Lefty "Fan"
- "Zany-ass bombast-entertainment...Hackneyed weirdo communist pseudo-nostalgia" --Alan Franklin, ProgressNow
- PPC Training for Activists
UPDATE: Something apparently got messed up with the PayPal buttons during this past weekend’s database glitch – fixed now. Yes, it’s that time again — PPC will be conducting training classes for center-right activists on Saturday, April 20 and Saturday, April 27, at Independence Institute in Denver. The tentative class schedule is as follows: Saturday, [...]
- Holder’s First Letter to Paul Precipitates the Best Filibuster Ever
- The Lamest Twitter Argument Ever Offered?
- Return of the PPC Re-Education Camps – You Know You Want to Be There
- Supreme Courts Blesses Warrantless Surveillance of Citizens in a Kafkaesque Farce
- GOP Elite and the Ruling Class
- Do We Now Get to Call Joe Salazar a “Rapist”?