Colorado GOP State Assembly Results: Dan Maes Stunning Upset of Scott McInnis in a squeaker, Ken Buck and JJ Ament Cruise to Victory
**Update–Ben DeGrow has posted his list of winners and losers from today’s assembly.
Dan Maes: “Wow.”
Maes 49.35% (1741)
McInnis 48.89% (1725)
JJ Ament 79%
Ali Hasan 20%
Ken Buck 77%
Cleve Tidwell 15%
As Lynn Bartels of the Denver Post notes, Joe Geschwendtner (Governor), Walker Stapleton (Treasurer), and Tom Wiens and Jane Norton (Senate) have already declared their intentions to petition onto the ballot for the August 10 primary. Both Ali Hasan and Cleve Tidwell still have the option to petition onto the ballot as well, having earned at least 10% of the vote at today’s assembly.
In other words, the final field of candidates for the primary is far from decided. Stay tuned.
Praise for PPC From Our Lefty "Fan"
- "Zany-ass bombast-entertainment...Hackneyed weirdo communist pseudo-nostalgia" --Alan Franklin, ProgressNow
- PPC Training for Activists
UPDATE: Something apparently got messed up with the PayPal buttons during this past weekend’s database glitch – fixed now. Yes, it’s that time again — PPC will be conducting training classes for center-right activists on Saturday, April 20 and Saturday, April 27, at Independence Institute in Denver. The tentative class schedule is as follows: Saturday, [...]
- Holder’s First Letter to Paul Precipitates the Best Filibuster Ever
- The Lamest Twitter Argument Ever Offered?
- Return of the PPC Re-Education Camps – You Know You Want to Be There
- Supreme Courts Blesses Warrantless Surveillance of Citizens in a Kafkaesque Farce
- GOP Elite and the Ruling Class
- Do We Now Get to Call Joe Salazar a “Rapist”?