Update, 1/26: The correct answer is Mitch Daniels. Sadly, no one guessed the correct answer by 6:00 PM. “Why did I pick Daniels?” you might ask. At this point in the game, all I can say is: “Why not?”
John Hawkins at Right Wing News earlier today released the results of his conservative blogger survey “on which candidate they’d support if the 2012 Republican primaries were today.” Yours truly was one of 69 to cast a vote.
Sarah Palin won a 29 percent plurality in a crowded field of 12 candidates, while Mike Huckabee edged out Ron Paul for last place and 0 votes. The latter finding is especially interesting in light of the first poll to show a Republican candidate beating Barack Obama in a hypothetical 2012 general election matchup: Huckabee 45, Obama 44.
Of course, similar to some unnamed surveys, the Right Wing News polls are essentially “worthless” at predicting anything, but they are valuable in generating interest in political races and sparking conversations. Now it’s your turn to guess whom I voted for on the list of 12 candidates.
First person to correctly guess the answer in the comment section below (either Mount Virtus or PPC) before 6:00 PM MST on Tuesday, January 26, wins a free month of advertising on my sidebar (subject to basic decency standards) — of course, you have to leave an email address where I can reach you, a live person.
Praise for PPC From Our Lefty "Fan"
- "Zany-ass bombast-entertainment...Hackneyed weirdo communist pseudo-nostalgia" --Alan Franklin, ProgressNow
- PPC Training for Activists
UPDATE: Something apparently got messed up with the PayPal buttons during this past weekend’s database glitch – fixed now. Yes, it’s that time again — PPC will be conducting training classes for center-right activists on Saturday, April 20 and Saturday, April 27, at Independence Institute in Denver. The tentative class schedule is as follows: Saturday, [...]
- Holder’s First Letter to Paul Precipitates the Best Filibuster Ever
- The Lamest Twitter Argument Ever Offered?
- Return of the PPC Re-Education Camps – You Know You Want to Be There
- Supreme Courts Blesses Warrantless Surveillance of Citizens in a Kafkaesque Farce
- GOP Elite and the Ruling Class
- Do We Now Get to Call Joe Salazar a “Rapist”?