My great uncle Pvt. Anthony D. Cerrone, USMCR, was a member of Company L, 3rd Battalion, 1st Marine Division that landed on the beaches of the island of Peleliu sixty five years ago today. He was wounded while exiting the landing craft, and died on board a hospital ship on September 16, 1944. He was buried at sea.
His story, the story of the men who fought in WWII that came from Colorado, and those who served in that fateful and controversial battle, like the well-known author E.B. Sledge (“With the Old Breed”), will be the primary subjects of the book.
I am joined by a wonderful friend and coauthor, Mary Ila MacFarlane, and my friend and blogging colleague Ben DeGrow will serve as editor. As the story unfolds, some portions will be published here as a work-in-progress. Any faults, oversights, or inaccuracies will entirely be my own.
That my great uncle fought for the freedoms we employ here on a daily basis–exercising First Amendment rights, opposition to authoritarian/totalitarian governments that reverence the state over the liberty of private individuals–makes the project not only personal but applicable for our times.
I look forward to (constructive) critiques and criticisms, suggestions and tips. We look forward to sharing our research and insights with you in the coming months!
Praise for PPC From Our Lefty "Fan"
- "Zany-ass bombast-entertainment...Hackneyed weirdo communist pseudo-nostalgia" --Alan Franklin, ProgressNow
- PPC Training for Activists
UPDATE: Something apparently got messed up with the PayPal buttons during this past weekend’s database glitch – fixed now. Yes, it’s that time again — PPC will be conducting training classes for center-right activists on Saturday, April 20 and Saturday, April 27, at Independence Institute in Denver. The tentative class schedule is as follows: Saturday, [...]
- Holder’s First Letter to Paul Precipitates the Best Filibuster Ever
- The Lamest Twitter Argument Ever Offered?
- Return of the PPC Re-Education Camps – You Know You Want to Be There
- Supreme Courts Blesses Warrantless Surveillance of Citizens in a Kafkaesque Farce
- GOP Elite and the Ruling Class
- Do We Now Get to Call Joe Salazar a “Rapist”?