by T.L. James | 3:33 pm, September 12, 2009 | Comments Off
Stephen Green of Pajamas Media has live reports from throughout the day on today’s big Tea Party rally in DC.
And check out this picture of the rally taken by Mary Katherine Ham [via Instapundit].
Who knew it would be so big?
Just back now from Denver’s 9-12 rally – pictures to follow shortly. My guess at attendance is around 900-1000 – bigger than the anti-war protests, but not as big as the Tax Day rally. Speaking of which, the big poster we were selling in conjunction with R Block Party and Denver Metro Young Republicans will soon be available for sale online, if you missed your chance at today’s rally to get one of these slick mementos of the big April event.
UPDATE: check out this time lapse of the meet-up area for the march – view is above Freedom Square at 14th and Pennsylvania, looking down Pennsylvania Avenue towards the Capitol:
One might easily question the 2 million number, but this sure looks like more than a few “tens of thousands”.
UPDATE II: Matt Welch of Reason was there, and has an even-handed report on signage and whatnot.
UPDATE III: Michelle Malkin casts some skepticism on the accuracy/provenance of the larger reported 9-12 Tea Party crowd numbers (esp. the 2 million figure). Looks like we’ll just have to wait a bit and see what number is converged on with further analysis.
Praise for PPC From Our Lefty "Fan"
- "Zany-ass bombast-entertainment...Hackneyed weirdo communist pseudo-nostalgia" --Alan Franklin, ProgressNow
- PPC Training for Activists
UPDATE: Something apparently got messed up with the PayPal buttons during this past weekend’s database glitch – fixed now. Yes, it’s that time again — PPC will be conducting training classes for center-right activists on Saturday, April 20 and Saturday, April 27, at Independence Institute in Denver. The tentative class schedule is as follows: Saturday, [...]
- Holder’s First Letter to Paul Precipitates the Best Filibuster Ever
- The Lamest Twitter Argument Ever Offered?
- Return of the PPC Re-Education Camps – You Know You Want to Be There
- Supreme Courts Blesses Warrantless Surveillance of Citizens in a Kafkaesque Farce
- GOP Elite and the Ruling Class
- Do We Now Get to Call Joe Salazar a “Rapist”?