( -front paged by Senate Watch- )
For any other Republican candidate thinking of announcing statewide campaigns soon (I'm looking at you Caplis, Beauprez, Hasan & Ament), Ken Buck's announcement should serve as a model for what not to do. Let's review the four step model taken by Buck:
Step 1: Pre-empt your own announcement by launching a Facebook group & non-functional website
Step 2: Deny that you're running for Senate to your hometown newspaper, making sure to time it so that headlines of "Buck denies he's entered Senate race" circulate in print at the same time as your actual announcement.
Step 3: Make your actual announcement days after most have stopped caring.
Step 4: Send out an email blast directing your supporters to a left-wing blog attacking you on their front page and that played a major role in sliming the Republican Senate candidate in the last election. (What is this, G.O.P. Stockholm Syndrome?)
Look, Ken Buck is a great guy but he's going to be facing a lot of questions of whether or not candidates in the Beauprez-Schaffer mold are viable statewide given their performance in the last two election cycles. He can't afford to start slipping up now.
Praise for PPC From Our Lefty "Fan"
- "Zany-ass bombast-entertainment...Hackneyed weirdo communist pseudo-nostalgia" --Alan Franklin, ProgressNow
- PPC Training for Activists
UPDATE: Something apparently got messed up with the PayPal buttons during this past weekend’s database glitch – fixed now. Yes, it’s that time again — PPC will be conducting training classes for center-right activists on Saturday, April 20 and Saturday, April 27, at Independence Institute in Denver. The tentative class schedule is as follows: Saturday, [...]
- Holder’s First Letter to Paul Precipitates the Best Filibuster Ever
- The Lamest Twitter Argument Ever Offered?
- Return of the PPC Re-Education Camps – You Know You Want to Be There
- Supreme Courts Blesses Warrantless Surveillance of Citizens in a Kafkaesque Farce
- GOP Elite and the Ruling Class
- Do We Now Get to Call Joe Salazar a “Rapist”?