You can cross one of the prime candidates for office in 2010 off your list. Mark Hillman, often viewed as a leading candidate for Senate or Governor in 2010, has ruled out a run for any elective office in 2010. Mike Saccone of the Grand Junction Sentinel reports:
Former Republican Burlington state Sen. Mark Hillman will not run for elected office in 2010, told Political Notebook today.
“Just wanted to give you a heads up that I’ve begun telling my closest friends and best supporters that I will NOT be running for office in 2010,” Hillman said in an e-mail.
I'm sorry to see him take himself out of the running. He would have been an excellent candidate for any office he opted to run for. There are going to be a lot of people disappointed that they won't get to cast a vote for Mark Hillman against Michael Bennet.
This also turns the U.S. Senate upside down on the Republican side. Ryan Frazier and Bob Beauprez are now the only serious potential candidates looking at the race for the time being. The weeks ahead will tell if Frazier can solidify party support behind himself or if a lot of would-be Hillman supporters will flock to Beauprez out of a lingering sense of loyalty.
Praise for PPC From Our Lefty "Fan"
- "Zany-ass bombast-entertainment...Hackneyed weirdo communist pseudo-nostalgia" --Alan Franklin, ProgressNow
- PPC Training for Activists
UPDATE: Something apparently got messed up with the PayPal buttons during this past weekend’s database glitch – fixed now. Yes, it’s that time again — PPC will be conducting training classes for center-right activists on Saturday, April 20 and Saturday, April 27, at Independence Institute in Denver. The tentative class schedule is as follows: Saturday, [...]
- Holder’s First Letter to Paul Precipitates the Best Filibuster Ever
- The Lamest Twitter Argument Ever Offered?
- Return of the PPC Re-Education Camps – You Know You Want to Be There
- Supreme Courts Blesses Warrantless Surveillance of Citizens in a Kafkaesque Farce
- GOP Elite and the Ruling Class
- Do We Now Get to Call Joe Salazar a “Rapist”?